Turcon® Variseal® seals are highly effective for a wide range of industries. Used in both dynamic and static applications, they offer excellent chemical resistance at an extended temperature range. After decades of proven performance in critical applications, Turcon® Variseal® still meets the requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s industries.
Overview of important performance characteristics of Turcon® Variseal®:
- Very low coefficient of friction
- Good dynamic and static sealing
- Capable of sealing at high speeds up to 15 m/s / 49 ft/sec
- Virtually universal chemical compatibility
- Operating temperature of -253 °C up to +300 °C / -423 °F to +572 °F
- Very good thermal resistance
- Material properties are unaffected by contact with chemicals
- Unlimited shelf life
- Low compression set
- Capable of withstanding high pressures above 200 MPa / 2000 bar / 29000 psi when using Back-up Rings
- Very good dry-running properties
- Can be installed in grooves according to MIL-G-5514F and DIN 3771
The new catalog incorporates a number of changes:
- The Turcon® Variseal® W2 design metric range is introduced. The low friction specific Turcon® Variseal® W metric range has been removed, but remains available.
- The Turcon® Roto Variseal® inch range is introduced.
- A 15 digit part number system is included for metric selection for the first time. Note: For Turcon® Variseal® M2, M2S and Turcon® Roto Variseal® part numbers, there is not a straight conversion from the 14 digit to 15 digit system and to avoid changes in spring load this should not be assumed.
- Only standard spring loads are included. Availability of non-standard spring loads will be advised at a later date.
- HiClean selection part number digit D has been superseded by R (red silicone)