Compatible with virtually all media over the widest possible temperature range, the Isolast® range of high specification compounds can reduce total cost of ownership by increasing reliability and service life.
Specifically engineered to meet the requirements of modern industries, Isolast® compounds represent the premium choice for chemical compatibility, mechanical properties and temperature resistance.
- Isolast® J9538 – A new level of performance for pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical and food handling applications. Offering superior chemical resistance, superior mechanical properties and carries a number of industry-specific approvals.
- Isolast® J9554 – Outstanding chemical resistance and thermal stability for demanding oil & gas applications including high temperature steam environments. Ideal for Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) applications.
- Isolast® J9567 –Maximum chemical resistance with a low cost of ownership. A multi-purpose perfluoroelastomer with improved acid, water and steam resistance.
- Isolast® J9570 – Exceptional low temperature performance in harsh environments for increased reliability from downstream refinery, petrochemical or chemical transport applications.
Trelleborg Sealing & Solutions expert Bill Bishop in collaboration with Fluid Power World gave a webinar on eight new advances in cassette sealing. This is now available on demand.
This webinar featured a unique cassette seal design for very difficult environments. The unitized seal design improves contaminant exclusion and static sealing ability, while its advanced lip technology helps reduce friction and wear to lengthen seal life.
Watch the webinar to learn:
- How the Trelleborg Cassette Seal CSL1500 is different than other seals available on the market
- How Trelleborg used the technology developed during the Cassette Seal CSL1500 development to improve their rotary designs.
- How outside-the-box thinking enabled Trelleborg to open a whole new market for cassette seals.
Watch the Webinar now
At MD&M West 2017, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions successfully highlighted its contract manufacturing services for delivering drug-device components – the combination of any two or three products categories: medical devices, drugs and/or biologics. These capabilities leverage deep engineering experience and pharmaceutical licensing to provide complete start to finish drug-eluting product development and manufacturing. Drug-eluting medical devices are designed to emit a drug over time to perform a certain action such as fighting infections or blocking cell proliferation.
Trelleborg has an FDA licensed drug manufacturing facility able to deliver a quality system encompassing design, feasibility, prototyping, clinical builds, and commercial releases. The facility layout has been specifically designed for maximum flexibility and can deliver sought after workflows:
- Procuring an API
- Compounding the drug into the device
- Fabricating a drug component
- Assembling this component into a complete drug-device combination product
In addition, unique patented GeoTrans® technology, a silicone extrusion innovation , further enhances Trelleborg extensive portfolio of products. It produces superior geometric tubing in complex configurations.
Drew Rogers, Global Director, Healthcare & Medical for Trelleborg Sealing Solutions says, “As a global leader in engineered polymer solutions, we are well-suited to leverage deep expertise in material science, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, process design, and quality systems to meet our customers’ specific needs. We are thrilled to have further expanded our portfolio of silicone products, increased our ability to work with many bioabsorbable materials and manufacture drug-eluting components as well as complete drug-device combination products.”
Also, while at MD&M West, Trelleborg showcased its latest drug-device component products, anti-microbial tubing and hose as well as its advancements in LSR (liquid silicone rubber) technology to serve OEM medical and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Additional innovative applications supporting quality respiratory devices, peristaltic pumps and fluid handling devices, as well as versatile bioprocess containers & single-use products for drug delivery are expected to increase.
Visitors to Trelleborg Sealing Solutions booth S81616 at IFPE in Las Vegas from 7 to 11 March will learn about the Service PLUS program that delivers Value Added Solutions for the Entire Supply Chain. This ‘total solution’ simplifies the workflow across every discipline of a fluid power professional’s value chain; from engineering to logistics, manufacturing to the aftermarket.
In addition, design engineers working in power transmission, motion control and fluid power industries will be interested in seeing first-hand the next generation of solutions for hydraulic and pneumatic applications, including the latest developments in rotary, linear and static sealing.
Joe Woods, Fluid Power Segment Manager Americas for Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, says: “As a one-stop solution provider, we are thrilled to highlight our Service PLUS program. It has been well received and tremendously successful in helping customers simplify their inventory processes through smarter custom logistics, incorporating “ready-to-use” assembled components and enhanced support for aftermarket requirements, with customized seal kits and packaging. This includes an express prototyping service called QuickSeal.”
Find out more about the Service PLUS program
Explore what’s on offer at IFPE 2017