Trelleborg Sealing Solutions launches the “O-Ring Calculator” app. The new app calculates O-Ring dimensions and tolerances and recommends sizes and Trelleborg Sealing Solutions part numbers.
Easy to use, when a user enters installation specifications into the “O-Ring Calculator” app such as the bore or rod/shaft diameter, the app quickly calculates O-Ring and housing dimensions in both metric and inch. In addition, the app recommends O-Ring sizes according to ISO 3601, so you know exactly which part you need. The app also incorporates an O-Ring quick search facility that allows you to find O-Ring dimensions according to various international standards.
“This is the third app we have launched,” says Website Specialist for Trelleborg Sealing Solutions, Wolfgang Heinrich. “Creating tools that make engineers‘ lives easier is our main goal. We are a company of engineers, and I think this gives us an advantage when we’re creating these tools. We try to produce tools that really add value to an engineer’s work.”
Features at a Glance
- O-Ring Housing: After entering the bore or rod/shaft diameter, you will receive an O-Ring recommendation and O-Ring housing calculation according to the recommendations of ISO 3601
- O-Ring Quick Search: offers the selection of O-Ring nominal sizes according to the following national/international standards: ISO 3601, JIS B 2401 (Japan) SMS 1586 (Sweden)
- Tolerances: calculation of O-Ring tolerances according to ISO 3601-1 Class B
Switch between metric and inch
- Chemical compatibility check: find out which materials are compatible with the media used in your application
- Integration of Trelleborg Sealing Solutions film